New Features Improve Utility Mapping and Field Workflows to Increase Productivity
Trimble introduced the latest version of its smart water infrastructure mapping and work management software—Trimble Connect version 1.8. The latest release of the cloud-based, Geographic Information System (GIS)-centric software includes a suite of applications that allow water, wastewater and stormwater utilities to visualize and efficiently manage their network maintenance and data collection activities.
Trimble Connect software leverages Trimble’s GNSS rugged mobile devices and Esri’s GIS technologies to accurately map, locate and assess the condition of critical infrastructure assets, allowing utilities to keep their field infrastructure data up-to-date and accurate. Offered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription, the solution allows users to monitor asset operating conditions, manage leak repairs, reduce non-revenue water, deploy and inspect smart meters, lower potential threats to safety and health due to contamination and adhere to regulators’ reporting guidelines and requirements. Trimble Connect version 1.8 can be configured and deployed quickly on a variety of Trimble and non-Trimble mobile devices, laptops, tablets and smartphones, including Apple iPads, iPhones, Android, Windows and Windows Mobile devices to automate field workflows and eliminate paper-based maps.
Trimble Connect utilizes the latest Esri ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Server, Mobile and ArcGIS Online basemap services. The software is designed to automate a variety of specific water and wastewater industry workflows through individual “apps” offered within the product and as part of a subscription. The new version provides standard core apps including Map Book, Manhole Inspector, Leak Repair, Hydrant Inspector, Valve Inspector, Meter Changeout, Incident Repair, Water Mapper, Wastewater Mapper and Stormwater Mapper. In addition, an optional partner app developed for American Flow Control (AFC) hydrant and valve data collection, “AFC Mapper,” can be purchased from AFC and their distributors for use with Trimble rugged handhelds.
In addition to the standard core apps, Trimble Connect version 1.8 includes:
• Full offline mobile support including GIS data for Android, iOS, Windows Mobile and Windows 7/8 platforms
• Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) support to create and share Web Maps using data collected in Trimble Connect
• Work management support for single and multi-asset work orders on all supported platforms
• Enhanced workflows for asset inspection and condition assessment
• Embedded business rules to define failed inspections or ones that need review
• Enhanced workflows for asset mapping and data collection
• Support for the Trimble Geo 7 series rugged mapping handheld and integrated Laser Rangefinder
• Standard dashboards with each of the core apps
Trimble Connect version 1.8 is expected to available in August 2014 from Trimble’s Water Division and its authorized distribution partners.
Trimble’s Water enterprise solutions. www.trimblewater.com
For more products, click here.