Made from corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy, the HM and HMT series smooth surface motors are ideal for damp environments like wastewater treatment plants.
HMT Series Smooth Surface Motors are supplied with NORD’s exclusive NSD Sealed Surface Conversion System, and they can be offered as part of a wide range of integral gearmotor or motorized reducer solutions complete with NSD. The product offering includes four continuous-duty, premium, efficient motor sizes ranging from 0.5 to 1.5 HP with an IEC B14 flange mount, and many options to configure as a NORD integral gearmotor assembly. Motor options are varied and include brakes, thermal overload protection, space heaters, potted terminal boxes, condensation drain holes, and connectivity solutions.
NORD Smooth Surface Motors are readily available and configurable with the NORDBLOC.1 Series Helical-Inline, 93.1 Series (2-Stage) Helical-Bevel and the SMI Series Worm gear units. Integral gearmotor options are available with a wide array of gear ratios and flexible mounting options. NORD Smooth Surface Motors and gear units combine durability and compactness in a cost-effective, light-weight and easy to clean solution. They are ideal for applications where sanitation and cleanliness are essential; such as wastewater treatment plants and coastal areas. NORD NSD product solutions have been field-proven to rival more costly stainless steel motors and options. NSD H is resistant to blistering, flaking and peeling, offers corrosion resistance across a wide pH range, and a surface that is 1000 times harder than paint.
Key features of NORD Smooth Surface Motors include:
• Minimum IP66 ingress protection rating (increased protection available)
• Threaded cable entry holes / lip seals on both shaft ends / sealed and gasketed terminal boxes.
• Continuous Duty (S1) / Premium Efficient (IE3) / Non-ventilated (TENV).
• Common voltages: 230/460-60 Hz, 332/575-60 Hz, 230/400-50 Hz, 460/690-50 Hz
• Inverter/vector duty insulation (rated per NEMA MG1-2011, section 220.127.116.11)
• Moisture-resistant varnished dipped windings.
• Optional NORD NSDtupH sealed surface conversion system.