The 2012 Stormcon Conference will bring nearly 200 exhibitors to the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel Aug. 19 – 23. Thousands of stormwater management professionals from the public and private sectors who are expected to attend will share ideas and experiences, and learn about:
- Best management practices (BMPs) — presented via case studies by industry peers
- Green infrastructure — i.e., low-impact development techniques, rainwater harvesting
- Stormwater program management — funding, public education/outreach, staffing, regulatory compliance
- Water-quality monitoring — monitoring and sampling techniques, modeling practices
- Advanced research topics — academic research, testing methods, and research trends such as standardized testing protocols and standards for measuring the effectiveness of BMPs.
Preconference sessions take place Sunday and Monday, Aug. 19 and 20, with full-day workshops and national certification courses. Regular conference sessions include more than 140 presentations and can't-miss events like Tuesday, Aug. 21's opening general session on how your stormwater program may be impacted by new regulations. On Wednesday, Aug. 22, an environmental scientist with the U.S. EPA's Office of Wastewater Mangement will present “EPA Stormwater Program Update 2012” from 1:30 – 2:30 pm.
Register before Aug. 10 to receive an early-bird discount. Visit www.stormcon.com.