Plasti-Bond’s “PVC Coated Sealing Locknut” features include:
- Built-in gasket at the face of a locknut to provide a seal against water, oils, and other liquids against the hub of a connected fitting.
- An integral sleeve on the reverse side of the locknut is designed to fit securely over the circumference of the adjacent coated conduit.
- Extra thin construction which allows the sleeve to thread on only 2-1/2 threads leaving at least seven threads for complete engagement of the conduit to its connected fitting.
- Gasket and sleeves made of specially formulated and UL-recognized PVC materials, tested for aging-resistant compressive and tensile properties.
- A simple design which allows for easy installation and tightening over conduit threads at joints throughout the system. The only tools required for tightening include a strap-wrench and lube to assist the fitted sleeve over PVC-coated conduit.
A major part of corrosion prevention is proper product selection based on understanding the requirements of any given job and matching them with the best available anti-corrosion products. Plasti-Bond PVC coated conduit and fittings provide a sealed system designed to last in the harshest environments and protect electrical infrastructure from corrosion.