This Harrisburg, Pa., company made aggregate crushers and conveyors before branching into “specialty-wear” equipment for construction, mining, and street sweeper rental. The company claims to be the fastest-growing U.S. manufacturer of chassis-mounted mechanical broom and regenerative air sweepers (pictured) in part because operators don’t need a CDL license and partly due to design.
For example, mechanical sweepers have a:
- Three-shaft elevator system for less chain wear and tear;
- Free-floating broom that automatically adjusts to pavement contours;
- Four-scissor hopper system that provides greater stability when dumping sticky, unbalanced, or wet loads.
The regenerative sweepers have:
- Standard stainless steel hopper guaranteed not to rust for five years;
- Stainless steel hopper panels, so portions of a damaged hopper as opposed to the entire piece can be replaced;
- A hopper top that automatically opens when dumping for access to separator screens.
For more on street sweeper types and design, click here for “Sweeper types in descending order of popularity”
Stewart-Amos Sweeper Co.