The Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) will recognize the winners of its 2006 Excellence Awards at WasteCon 2006, Sept. 21, Charlotte, N.C. The awards honor management facilities, operations, and programs. Here are some of the first-place (gold) winners:
- Alliance Landfill, Pa.
- City of Hamilton Waste Management Division, Ontario
- Denver Solid Waste Management/ Denver Recycles
- Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority Resource Recovery Facility, Bainbridge, Pa.
- North Shore Recycling Program—Garden Smart, British Columbia
- Onyx Cranberry Creek Landfill LLC, Wis.
- Puget Sound Recycling Agencies/ Department of Ecology, Wash.
- Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County, Calif.—Puente Hills Materials Recovery Facility.
For more information, visit www.swana.org.