Lanham, Md. — The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) honored the winners and finalists of its 2012 Operational Excellence Awards on July 15 during the association’s Midyear Meeting in Boston.
The Operational Excellence Awards honor leaders in the asphalt pavement industry for innovation and excellence in marketing, communications, and community outreach with the Community Involvement, Outstanding Brochure, and Outstanding Website Awards. Companies also are lauded for their responsible practices with the Asphalt Operations Safety Innovations and Ecological Awards.
The 2012 winners are:
- Asphalt Operations Safety Innovations Award: The Lane Construction Corp., Cheshire, Conn., for temporary median-access bridge and ramp system.
- Community Involvement Award: MeadWestvaco Corp., North Charleston, S.C.
- Community Involvement Award: Tilcon New York Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Co., Wharton, N.J.
- Ecological Award (New Plant): Lakeside Industries, Lacey, Wash., for Durgin Road Asphalt Plant.
- Ecological Award (New Plant): Tilcon New York, an Oldcastle Materials Co., Wharton, N.J., for Keasbey Asphalt Plant.
- Ecological Award (Existing Plant): Payne & Dolan Inc., Vienna, Wis., for Vienna Control #6 Plant.
- Ecological Award (Existing Plant): S.T. Wooten Corp., Wilson, N.C., for Wilmington Asphalt Plant.
- Outstanding Brochure Award: Commercial Asphalt Co., Maple Grove, Minn.
- Outstanding Brochure Award: APAC Mid-South Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Co., Birmingham, Ala.
- Outstanding Website Award (Producer Member): Superior Paving, Gainesville, Va., for www.superiorpaving.net.
- Outstanding Website Award (Associate Member): Gray & Son Inc., Timonium, Md., for www.graynson.com.
- Outstanding Website Award (State Asphalt Pavement Association): Flexible Pavements of Ohio for www.flexiblepavements.org.
The attached releases highlight the winners, as well as the finalists, for each of the five awards.
The Operational Excellence Awards are a counterpart to the annual Quality in Construction Awards, which recognize asphalt paving jobs completed in line with best practices and standards known to yield high-quality asphalt pavements.
The NAPA Awards Program recognizes and encourages continuous improvement in all aspects of paving and asphalt operations. The 2013 NAPA Awards program is now accepting nominations. Quality in Construction Award nominations are due by Oct. 31; Operational Excellence Award nominations are due by Dec. 9.
For more information about the NAPA Awards program, or to nominate a project or company for an award, visit www.AsphaltPavement.org/Awards.