The same company that owns Public Works also owns the only international event dedicated to the commercial concrete and masonry construction industries. Every year thousands of exhibitors and attendees from around the world gather at the Las Vegas Convention Center for five days of:
- Product demonstrations in real-world jobsite conditions
- Seminars on production, technology, leadership, and management that provide continuing education credits
- Certification opportunities
- Cool tours (Hoover Dam & Lake Mead Intake Project Tour, anyone?)
Attendees include all the usual suspects: commercial contractors, concrete contractors, ready-mix producers, rental center managers, and concrete pumpers.
Next year’s show (Jan. 20 – 24, 2014) is debuting a track specifically for civil and structural engineers. From the updated ACI 318 to Industrial Slab Design, Pavement Design and Mix Design, engineers can learn from industry experts while gaining PDH hours.
Speaking of concrete pavement, there also will be seminars on:
- Roller-compacted concrete (RCC)
- Slab repair
- Managing the unexpected
- Stringless slipform paving
Online registration is now open. See you there!