World of Concrete, the annual trade show owned by the same company that owns the website you're reading this on right now, celebrated its 40th birthday last month in Las Vegas. In addition to personalized tours of local engineering feats like the Hoover Dam and bypass bridge (cool slideshow of construction shots), I also got a gander at hundreds of new products and enhancements that, depending on the size and duties of your department, should be of interest to anyone working in public works:
- A "sustainable" rebar chairyfvdfdzdrbywwacuw that can be used two ways
- Remote-controlled dowel pin drilling (a product enhancement)
- Digital curb-and-gutter placement (another product enhancement)
- Anti-graffiti coating
- A way to drill small holes in pavement without breaking your back
- And a new tool that should make setting round concrete bases for streetlights and other poles much easier.
Do you think these products are as cool as I do? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.