Pittsburgh has a lot to offer to anyone looking for a new job. A thriving city with culture and history, Pittsburgh has consistently been ranked as of the nation’s most livable cities by Places Rated Almanac, Forbes, and the Economist.
Providing public transportation through Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, Penn. the Port Authority is seeking a new fleet maintenance coordinator.
The City of Pittsburgh's Port Authority operates all aspects of public transit from buses to a rail system. Furthermore, the Port Authority maintains and operates the Monogahela Incline, a 367.4 feet tall cable-operated incline that provides tourists with breathtaking views of the city.
Created in 1959, the Port Authority overseas 2,600 employees and services approximately 200,000 daily riders.
Fleet Maintenance Coordinator: coordinate all support level maintenance and overall maintenance management for Port Authority’s revenue vehicle bus fleet under the general directions of the Manager of Bus Maintenance Support.
Job requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two-year Technical Degree or Associate Degree in Business or related field from an accredited school. Related experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance experience with bus fleets and/or heavy automotive vehicles.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class B with Passenger Endorsement and Air Brake Restriction removed or must possess a valid driver’s license and acquire a Commercial Driver’s License as described above within 90 days of appointment to the position.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Customer-focused, well organized and results-oriented.
- This is a Safety-Sensitive position subject to all testing provisions under the Drug and Alcohol Policy, including random drug and alcohol testing. The person selected for this position may be required to be tested prior to being awarded the job.
- BA/BS Degree in Business or directly related field from an accredited school.
- Experience in managing maintenance of bus fleets or other fleets of heavy automotive vehicles and equipment.
The position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Those that are interested should forward a cover letter, with salary requirements, and a resume to: Inez Colon
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527
To learn more about the Port Authority visit: http://www.portauthority.org/