WHAT: A Forest to Be Reckoned With – Best Practices for Christmas Tree Recycling
WHEN: Thursday, December 13, 2012
2:00pm EST/11:00am PT
WHERE: Convenience of your own desk
Each holiday season, approximately 25–30 million real Christmas trees are sold in the U.S. according to the National Christmas Tree Association. And each January, we’re left with the question of how to properly dispose of them.
Thankfully, there are more than 4,000 local Christmas tree recycling programs around the country. While most of these programs mulch or compost trees, there’s a range of interesting ways in which they are being reused or recycled. But there are many communities that still lack a green option for Christmas tree disposal.
Specifically, you will learn:
- How the National Christmas Tree Association helps to achieve a recycling rate for real Christmas trees of more than 93%
- What the environmental advantages real Christmas trees enjoy over artificial trees
- Best practices for establishing and promoting a Christmas tree recycling program
- How Christmas trees are processed, prepared and used as mulch and compost
- Best practices for limiting contamination in Christmas trees sent for composting
- Unique ways in which discarded Christmas trees are being used besides mulching and composting
Register now for this timely and FREE webinar.