But first, more information on this excellent program:
- You must be an American Public Works Association (APWA) member
- Have worked in public works for less than 10 years
- Participate in a 1-hour conference call every month from September through August
- Attend a two-day retreat at APWA's headquarters in Kansas City, Mo.
- Pay your way to the association's annual convention in August or September (APWA picks up everything else)
I crashed the get-acquainted reception for a class several years ago, and met a terrific group of people. They were energetic, enthusiastic, smart, hard-working -- and fun. The kind of people who are a credit to the profession and "grow up" to become an APWA Top 10 Leader.
I think it's important to note that the program isn't just for engineers, as you'll see from this list:
- Brian Schadt, PE, Sewer Maintenance Engineer – Public Works Division, City of Davenport, IA
- Carla Harvey, Engineer, Berkeley County Government, Moncks Corner, SC
- Eric McLamore, Foreman, City of Pompano Beach, FL
- Eric Petersen, Transportation Engineer, City of West Des Moines Development Services, West Des Moines, IA
- Francis Marinaccio, Assistant City Engineer, Department of Public Services, City of Newport, RI
- Fred Lopez, Transportation Planning Administrator, Engineering Department, City of El Paso, TX
- Holly Powell, Engineering Technician II, City of Fitchburg, WI
- Jacob Gilliland, Utility Business Analyst, City of Rowlett, TX
- James Michel, Chief Engineer, Town of Greenwich, CT
- Jennifer Nicholson, Assistant to the Director, City of Kissimmee, FL
- Joe Puhr, Civil Engineer, Public Works Department, City of Golden, CO
- Julia Bailey, Information Services Engineer, Urban Drainage & Flood Control District, Denver, CO
- Lillian Colòn, Accountant I, Public Works, City of Palm Bay, FL
- Nick Colucci, Director of Public Works, Township of Brock, Cannington, ON, CANADA
- Rob Kline, Engineer 1, George Butler Associates Inc., Lenexa, KS
- Steve Ireland, Project Engineer, Meadow Valley Contractors Inc., Las Vegas, NV
- Tom Audley, Asset Systems Coordinator, City of Lenexa, KS
Click here for more information or e-mail APWA Professional Development Program Manager Nikki Guillot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No reason you can't be in the Class of 2015!