Local governments, police departments, youth groups, downtown associations, and crime prevention organizations can use the monies to defray the costs of graffiti prevention and education, eradication, or enforcement of anti-graffiti laws. (Businesses that make or operate removal equipment or technologies aren't eligible.)
Keep America Beautiful is offering six Graffiti Hurts grants this year:
four cash grants of $2,500 each
two paint product grants from The Sherwin-Williams Co. valued at $2,500 each
one FlashCAM from Q-Star Technology valued at $6,995.
Last year's $2,500 cash grant recipients:
• French Quarter Business Association – New Orleans
• Community Housing of Wyandotte County – Kansas City, Kan.
• Keep Cincinnati Beautiful – Cincinnati
• University Heights Tool Library – Buffalo, N.Y.
2012 $2,500 Sherwin –Williams paint supply certificate recipients:
• Cal State University, Northridge Police – Northridge, Calif.
• The Our Town Project – Oakland, Calif.
Q-Star FlashCAM recipient:
• Keep Las Cruces Beautiful – Las Cruces, N.M.
Complete the online application available at kab.org/grants. Winners will be announced by Oct. 9, 2013.