By Leslie Drahos
For more than 50 years the American Public Works Association (APWA) has recognized the accomplishments of 10 members who have served their city, county, township, special district, or state for at least a decade. This year's honorees have much in common:
- The gift of gab
- Obsessive/compulsive community-service concern
- Great powers of persuasion
- Relentless drive for excellence and economy
- The ability to sit through endless meetings
- Absolute faith in the power of partnerships
- Great pride in each and every employee
- Devotion to the education, futures, and camaraderie of each and every employee.
But at the same time, each has a unique story. We asked them to sit back, take a deep breath, and tell us about a pet project or perspective that's been a highlight on their road to success.