Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, this latest addition to the wheel loader family combines an enhanced lockup torque converter function and SmartLoader logic to achieve low fuel consumption and high travel speeds.
By optimizing control of engine power, and improving power train and hydraulic efficiency, the WA600-8 consumes up to 13 percent less fuel than its Tier 3 predecessor. Also, the standard bucket capacity increased to 9.2 cubic yards and the bucket now fills easier, retains material better and provides better visibility, contributing to machine efficiency and productivity.
Standard features of the new WA600-8 include:
Under The Hood/Performance Enhancements
• A powerful 23.15 liter, 529 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA6D170E-7 engine uses up to 13 percent less fuel than its Tier 3 predecessor.
• Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
• More than 98 percent of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
• Komatsu’s SmartLoader Logic, combined with the enhanced lockup torque converter that activates in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear, provides optimal engine torque for improved acceleration, hill-climbing ability, a higher top speed and fuel savings.
• A new, air-suspension, high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort and cast frame members increase strength.
• Seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers with F-N-R switch add operator ergonomic comfort and convenience.
• Pioneering KOMTRAX Plus telematics system and monitor provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
• Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown reduces idle time and saves fuel.
• Seven-inch, full color, high resolution monitor delivers a sharp picture and vivid colors, even in harsh light.
• Separate, full-color, rear-view monitor comes standard and improves line-of-sight.