CASE Construction Equipment introduces its line of Tier 4 Final backhoe loaders, including the new 580N EP – a lower-horsepower version of the company’s popular 580N backhoe that maintains the same backhoe lift capacity and breakout force with greater fuel efficiency and a maintenance-free Tier 4 Final solution.
The New CASE 580N EP is ideal for contractors just getting started and the rental market, with lower owning and operating costs and a maintenance-free Tier 4 Final solution. The 580N EP features CASE’s particulate matter catalyst – a combination of a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and a high-efficiency flow-through filter that requires no fluids and no diesel particulate filter (DPF) maintenance/upkeep. At 74 horsepower – and with a backhoe bucket breakout force of 11,517 pounds, backhoe lift capacity of 2,858 pounds, and peak torque of 233 foot-pounds – the 580N EP provides ample power and performance while still keeping fuel, maintenance, and owning and operating costs low. While the new model is designed to optimize efficiency and power for price-conscious buyers, it can be outfitted with a full selection of options for greater machine and attachment flexibility.
The Tier 4 Final CASE N Series includes:
• The 580N: The 580N is also designed to provide low owning and operating costs while still delivering a strong platform for contractors to customize as needed. Rated at 90 horsepower with a backhoe bucket breakout force of 11,517 pounds and 2,858 pounds of backhoe lifting capacity, the 580N comes standard with ProControl and can be further expanded with auxiliary hydraulics, Engine ECO Mode, Standard (2WD) or Speed Selectable Automatic (4WD) Ride Control, Comfort Steer, additional work lights and the mechanical universal backhoe bucket coupler.
• The 580 Super N: The 97-horsepower 580 Super N features increased backhoe bucket breakout force (13,975 pounds) and lift capacities (3,251 pounds) over the 580N. This model comes standard with ProControl, work lights, the mechanical backhoe bucket coupler and a shaft guard on 4WD models. Power Lift, Engine ECO Mode, Standard (2WD) or Speed Selectable Automatic (4WD) Ride Control, Comfort Steer and the mechanical universal backhoe bucket coupler are available as options.
• The 580 Super N Wide Track: With larger tires and structural features borrowed from the larger CASE 590 Super N, the 97-horsepower 580 Super N Wide Track provides significantly higher bucket breakout forces (15,070 pounds) and lifting capacities (3,761 pounds) with standard Power Lift technology. The wide track model also comes standard with a limited slip axle. Engine ECO Mode, Standard (2WD) or Speed Selectable Automatic (4WD) Ride Control and Comfort Steer are available as options.
• The 590 Super N: The 110 horsepower CASE 590 Super N is the largest and most powerful backhoe in the CASE family. Standard Power Lift technology raises bucket breakout force and lifting capacities to 15,853 pounds and 4,175 pounds, respectively. It also features a longer standard reach (19 feet, 7 inches) and digging depth (15 feet, 6 inches) than any other CASE backhoe. Engine ECO Mode, Standard (2WD) or Speed Selectable Automatic (4WD) Ride Control and Comfort Steer are available as options.
CASE Options and Industry Exclusives Drive Performance/Value
Each CASE N Series Backhoe is available with a series of options that further extends the operating capacity and efficiency of the machine many of which are exclusive to CASE:
• Power Lift
• Speed Selectable Automatic Ride Control
• Comfort Steer
• Hydraulic Quick Coupler
• Engine ECO Mode
• Auto Engine Protection Shutdown
• S-Type Auto Shifting Transmission
• Heated Air-Ride Seat