The world's first patented electric traffic light debuted a century ago this month, on Aug. 5, 1914 in Cleveland. According to this article in The Atlantic'sCityLab, it was installed by the American Traffic Signal Company at the corner of East 105th Street and Euclid Avenue. It was based on a design by James Hoge, whose patent was approved in 1918. But Hoge isn't the only one credited with creating the traffic lights we know today. Read More