Spring starts tomorrow, but before you say goodbye to the cold weather, here are the top 10 most-viewed stories from pwmag.com this winter. Take a quick look and you'll see that the list covers a wide range of topics. It includes new favorites and timeless articles with information worth coming back to, season after season.
10. Strangled by disposables Sewer “activists” are asking nonwoven fabrics manufacturers to help teach the public not to treat toilets like trash cans.
9. Mobile apps for public works professionals, their contractors, and residents A roundup of apps you need now.
8. Hometown heroes How one small public works team helped protect their town from major hurricane damage, and won the hearts of the public.
7. The return of vitrified clay pipe A new generation of engineers is learning why their predecessors specified more than 5 billion feet for the nation's sewers.
6. Crumbling U.S. infrastructure to get a facelift? Hiring for civil engineers grows A look at where and why there's a need for skilled civil engineers.
5. How crazy, how brilliant World of Concrete 2014 attendees got an up-close look at two American public works marvels: The Hoover Dam and the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge.
4. Simple beauty Scored pavement enhances Tallahassee’s downtown sidewalks.
3. 2013 salary survey: Picking up the pieces Our annual analysis of where things stand.
2. ‘Bridgegate’: Something sounds fishy to me! Our take on the bridge scandal involving N.J. Gov. Chris Christie.
1. Asphalt versus concrete Which material is better for your project?