Today, ACSA maintains 12 separate water systems, including seven microfiltration treatments systems, and a water distribution network comprised of 400 miles of water mains and 2,000 fire hydrants. On the sewer side, ACSA provides wastewater collection and conveyance through over 225 miles of mains, and treatment at four major facilities and six smaller facilities including the Middle River Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant jointly owned with the City of Staunton. ACSA also operates a regional landfill.
The Field Utility Engineer Provides technical assistance to the Construction, Field Operations, Treatment Operations, and Engineering Departments in system operation, equipment maintenance and operation, design and construction of new facilities, facility upgrades, equipment repair/replacements, and related programs that require skill, experience, creativity, knowledge, judgment, and timely completion. Reports to Director of Construction and Field Ops. Position posted on April 15, 2015, and open until filled.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Field Operations: assist with various programs including, but not limited to, water loss and leak detection, sewer system analysis and rehabilitation, pumping station analysis.
- Equipment/Facility Maintenance: participate in review of equipment operation, problems, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, replacement. Work with Maintenance Management/Work Order system to insure its optimal use within the organization.
- Treatment Operations: assist with equipment operational issues, specifications, vendor/consultant interaction. Become familiar with treatment operations and process control at all water and wastewater facilities. Plan, design, and manage construction projects for the maintenance, repair, upgrade, and construction of new or replacement water and wastewater facilities.
- Planning: Provide reports and analysis to support operation of water and sewer systems. Provide input regarding potential projects for capital budget needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering or related degree with one (1) to five (5) years’ experience in the design/construction of water and wastewater facilities. Prefer an Engineer-in-Training certification with the ability to obtain P.E. certification within a four-year period.
- Must have knowledge of or ability to learn design, construction, and operation of water, and wastewater systems; construction and maintenance estimating; personal computer and related office and engineering software (MS Office, AutoCAD, and Maintenance/Work Order Software).
- Must have knowledge of regulations issued by, but not limited to, the Augusta County Code, the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Environmental Quality, Virginia Health Department, Occupational Safety and Health Act, Virginia Department of Transportation, and Miss Utility that pertain to public water and wastewater treatment facilities.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $51,800 - $60,000
Click here for a more detailed description.
TO APPLY: http://www.acsawater.com/employment