Duties: Assist Director of Public Works in planning and directing all activities required to ensure safe, timely, and effective maintenance of streets and roads, sewer systems, shade trees, traffic signals, street lights, facilities maintenance, fleet, refuse collection and recycling.
This will sometimes require making difficult operations and service delivery decisions.
In addition to considerable knowledge, skill, and ability regarding public works operations, position requires substantial knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices as applied to construction, pavement, traffic, environmental, stormwater, and wastewater activities.
Other duties include:
- Providing daily oversight of approximately 15 supervisory staff.
- Advising approximately 70 public works employees and supervising training.
- Administering union contract provisions, and issuing oral and written warnings.
- Ensuring safe work practices.
- Coordinating activities among public works divisions and with other township departments and agencies.
- Acting for the Director of Public Works in his/her absence or as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in public administration, civil engineering, or related degree from a recognized college or university plus eight to 10 years of progressively responsible public works administration experience including at least four years in a supervisory capacity. Degree or licensed professional engineer (civil) preferred.
Salary: $85, 000 to $95,000 plus benefits package.
75 E. Lancaster Ave.
Ardmore, PA 19003