The International Safety Equipment Association and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) have developed a new standard regarding the sartorial requirements placed on safety responders.
Building upon requirements previously passed in ANSI 107-2004, ANSI 207-2006 governs reflective garments worn by any personnel working on a roadway in an emergency situation. By Nov. 24, all vests in crews' work wardrobe should feature:
For more information on the guideline, visit www.isea.org.
For more information on what this year holds, go to:
Putting it All Together: Managers use asset-management software to get a bigger piece of the revenue pie.
- The Best Defense: Regional analyses of survey respondents greatest challenge
- Drops in the Bucket: Federal funding for water and transportation infrastructure
- Thirst Quenching in Dry Times: Regulatory challenges for drinking water managers
- Sure Routes to Funding: Traffic safety programs
- Ouch...that hurts!: Changes in asphalt and concrete prices