The American Public Works Association (APWA) announced the members of the 2015-2016 Board of Directors, at the International Public Works Congress and Exposition in Phoenix.
Serving as President for a one-year term, Brian Usher, PWLF, will lead the organization, which provides professional development and educational services to its 28,500 members in North America, advocates for investments in infrastructure, and supports 63 chapters. Usher is Public Works Director at the City of Largo, FL.
Usher is joined by President-Elect Ron Calkins, PE, PWLF, City of Ventura Public Works Director (retired). Calkins was formerly Region VIII Director and Finance Committee Chair. He will serve a one-year term as President-Elect, followed by consecutive President and Past-President one-year terms.
Also continuing on the Board is Past-President Larry Stevens, PE, PWLF, Project Director for HR Green Inc. in Johnston, Iowa.
New to the board is Shahnawaz Ahmad, PE, president of SA Associates, elected Region VIII Director. Other re-elected regional directors include:
- Mary Joyce Ivers, CPFP, PWLF, Director-at-Large Fleet & Facilities, City of Ventura Public Works, Calif.
- Richard Stinson, PWLF, Director of Public Works, Town of Wakefield, Mass., Region I Director
- Harry Weed II, PWLF, Superintendent of Public Works, Village of Rockville Centre, N.Y., Region II Director
- Richard Berning, (retired) of Springfield, Ill., Region V Director
- Chuck Williams, PWLF, Director of Municipal Services, City of Lenexa, Kan., Region VI Director.
Members continuing on the board include:
- David Lawry, PE, Director of Engineering and Public Works, Village of Shaumburg, IL, Director-at-Large, Engineering & Technology
- William Spearman III, PE, of Saluda, SC, Director-at-Large, Environmental Management
- Kathleen Davis, Director of Highway and Local Programs for Washington State DOT in Olympia, serving as Director-at-Large, Transportation
- Maher Hazine, PE, PWLF, Vice President/Director of Municipal Operations, W.C. Scoutten Inc., of Pine, Ariz., as Director of Region VII
- Cora Jackson-Fossett, PWLF (retired), City of Los Angeles, Director-at-Large, Public Works Leadership and Management
- William (Bo) Millsyfvdfdzdrbywwacuw, PWLF, Director of Public Services with the City of Germantown, Tenn., Director of Region III
- Tommy Brown, PWLF, Superintendent of Fleet Services for the City of La Grange, Ga., Region IV Director
- Jill Marilley, PE, MPA, PWLF, Senior Project Manager for HDR Inc. of Shoreline, Wash., Region IX Director.
For more information, visit www.apwa.net.