Marking the 53rd anniversary of the award, the American Public Works Association (APWA) announced the Top Ten Public Works Leaders of 2013. Awardees receive one of the most coveted and prestigious awards presented by APWA.
Award recipients include:
- Wylie Bearup, P.E., Ph.D. – Street Transportation Director/City Engineer, City of Phoenix, AZ.
- Julia Bueren – Public Works Director, Contra Costa County, CA.
- Christopher B. Burke, Ph.D., P.W., D.WRE, F.ASCE – Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Rosemont, IL.
- John Edlebeck, P.E. – Director of Public Works/City Engineer, City of Waupaca, WI.
- Melissa Gentry, P.E., MBA. – Assistant City Manager for Operations, City of Columbia, SC.
- William Hadley – Public Works Director, Town of Lexington, MA.
- Donald Jacobovitz, P.E., PWLF – Public Works Director, Putnam County, FL.
- Howard Lazarus, P.E., PWLF. – Director of Public Works, City of Austin, TX.
- Thomas Montgomery – Public Works Director, City of Hastings, MN.
- Allen Persons –Director of Public Works, Village of Plainfield, IL.
The Top Ten Public Works Leaders of the Year program seeks to inspire excellence and dedication in public service by recognizing the outstanding career service achievements of individual public works professionals and officials, from both the public and private sectors. The primary focus of the award is on career service to the public works profession rather than on any one single event or project. For more information on the Top Ten Public Works Leaders awards, visit the APWA Top Ten Awards section online. For information about individual Top Ten Public Works Leader awards presentations or for media queries, contact APWA Media Relations/Communications Manager, Laura Bynum, M.A. at (202) 218-6736 or firstname.lastname@example.org.