Every other year, the National Steel Bridge Alliance (NSBA) conducts its Prize Bridge Awards. The award honors significant and innovative steel bridges conducted in the U.S. and is the highest honor bestowed on bridge projects by the U.S. structural steel industry.
This year’s Prize Bridge Award winners are:
- Major Span: Hastings Bridge, Hastings, Minn.
- Long Span: IH-35 Bridges over the Brazos River, Waco, Texas
- Medium Span: Kenneth F. Burns Memorial Bridge, Worcester/Shrewsbury, Mass.
- Short Span: Wampum Bridge, Lawrence County, Pa.
- Moveable Span: South Park Bascule Bridge Replacement, Seattle
- Reconstruction Span: Alexander Hamilton Bridge, New York City
- Special Purpose: 606 - Milwaukee Avenue Bridge, Chicago
This year’s Merit Award winners are:
- Major Span: Stan Musial Veterans Memorial, St. Louis / St. Clair County, Ill.
- Long Span: (I-270 over) Chain of Rocks Road Canal Bridge, Granite City, Ill. / Bellefontaine Neighbors, Mo.
- Medium Span: Falls Flyover Ramp, Wichita, Kan.
- Short Span: Mill Creek Bridge, Astoria, Ore.
- Moveable Span: Henry G. Gilmerton Bridge, Chesapeake, Va.
- Moveable Span: World War I Memorial Bridge, Portsmouth, N.H., and Kittery, Maine
- Reconstruction Span: Donald R. Lobaugh Bridge, Freeport, Pa.
- Reconstruction Span: Wells Street Bridge, Chicago