PUBLIC WORKS was founded in 1896, but our mission has never changed: to share information that city, county, special district, township, and state infrastructure managers use to maintain their community’s quality of life.
We’re continuing our mission with a best-in-class search engine that lets you find what you need when you need it on our 24/7 infrastructure information highway.
Search all content back to January 2005:
- Innovative projects
- How-to features
- Our annual salary survey
- Our Americans with Disabilities Act and Social Media experts
- Interviews with managers who’ve developed low-cost solutions to common challenges
- Technology applications
- The PUBLIC WORKS Manual
- Product descriptions and evaluations
- Our list of public works mobile phone apps
- Job openings
Share any and all of the above instantly via email or the social media platform of your choice. Just look for the SHARE icon under the headline.
Got an opinion about what you’ve read? Scroll down the page until you see COMMENTS and fire away.
Search the site in one of three ways:
- By Department (in the maroon navigation bar above)
- By PUBLIC WORKS magazine issue.
- By the search function: Type your query (author’s name, acronym, topic, etc.) into the white search box at the right
Don’t like reading online? No sweat: subscribe to the print magazine here.
We’re still ironing out the kinks, so please be patient.
But also feel free to ask questions and offer suggestions for creating the Internet’s best information exchange among public works professionals.
Just email email@example.com.