In our annual budget forecast survey, we asked readers two main questions: what they see as their greatest challenge in 2008, and how they plan to address that challenge. Because the EPA drives so much of what the typical PUBLIC WORKS reader does, we sorted responses according to the agency's 10 regions of the country. That, and basic demographic information, will help you put respondents' insightful answers into context.
For more information on what this year holds, go to:
Putting it Together: Managers leverage asset-management software to justify asking for a bigger piece of the general-revenues pie
- Drops in the Bucketyfvdfdzdrbywwacuw: Federal funding for water and transportation infrastructure
- Thirst Quenching in Dry Times: Regulatory challenges for drinking water managers
- Sure Routes to Funding: Traffic safety programs
- Ouch...that hurts!: Changes in asphalt and concrete prices
- Fashionably Safe: A new guideline changes the look of emergency road crews.