Last week I shared preliminary results of our annual "outlook" survey (click here for this year's analysis). That’s when we ask readers what’s on their plate in the coming year and how much money they’ll have to do it.
We’re highlighting ONE public works department from each EPA region when we present the final results in our January 2014 issue. So far we’ve heard from:
- Region 1: Town of Wellesley, Mass.
- Region 3: City of Annapolis, Md.
- Region 5: Waterford Township, Mich.
- Region 6: Bernalillo County Operations and Maintenance Department, N.M.
- Region 8: Ogden City, Utah
It’s first-come, first-served – meaning that whoever responds first to the query below gets first consideration:
- What’s your department’s greatest challenge next year?
- What’s your team’s plan for meeting that challenge?
- E-mail email@example.com ONE high-resolution photo of your team or team members (in the field, in the office, wherever), a project under construction or recently completed related to that challenge, or something else that shows your department at work. Send one you’ve already got or take one – your call. (FYI, “high-res photo” = 300dpi .jpg or .tif file.)
I’m happy to share an example if you e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can take the survey by clicking here.
Or you can wait until Friday, when we're sending our last and final request. If you’ve already responded, you shouldn’t receive it. But since the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry, please accept my apology in advance if you do – and ignore it.
Thank you all. Always feel free to e-mail email@example.com with any questions or comments.